Monday, January 25, 2010

Here's to the New Year!

With the new year kicking in, I find myself always analyzing and redefining current processes and recruiting methods and even personal habits and methods in my life too! Over the past year, due to the economy not yielding as much business as usual, I've had more time to redefine my business and recruitment focus. Many of you know that my recruiting focus has expanded beyond just windows and I've branched out into some other business focuses too. With the window industry being my niche market and passion, I have found some industry products and segments to compliment my recruiting focus. While I will never not recruit in the window industry, expanding that focus has been a wonderful experience for me in many ways.


One of my newer approaches that fell into place almost by accident last year was not advertising. No jobs, no online pay resources...no nothing! Down to the bare bones and basic good old recruiting. It was a great lesson for me and as tough as the past year has been economically for many of us, it has also yielded many strong business and also personal lessons for me. I know many of you have echoed that same experience when we have spoken. The craziest thing about not beinga fan of advertising now is that I used to be such a proponent of one! Thinking that candidates and companies would only find me or use me if I had an ad out there all the time. I strongly believe by not advertising it has helped gain in so many areas. Who knew?! lol!


I just think it's amazing to learn and grow during what seems like a down and negative time! In my personal life, one of the biggest personal successes I had came from quitting smoking. No better feeling in the world to have finally kicked the habit...one that I never thought I would let go of or succeed at. And one that came much easier than I had anticipated! After that, the sky was the limit and I discovered a newfound zest for recruiting and so many other things as well - both professionally and personally. Having a success when you need one, especially in down economic times can be inspirational and incredibly motivating!


Sharing all this with you all, as chances are if you read this blog you have followed me for the past several years and probably know me fairly well. As such, most of you know that I like to get to know the people I work with so every so often I like to share something of a personal nature with you all. So, having said all that...here's to a great new year...one that many of us anticipate being stronger and better than the year that has passed...and one that will be even better going forward! To all our personal and professional successes (and of course and almost more inportantly failures too!) that we have learned from and to all those that we will experience going forward! Here's to a great and successful year!